Shoes: Alexander Wang
Didn't know your grandpa was rocking runway style all those years did ya?!
Twiggy wore them in the 60's
Cher and her friends wore them in the movie Clueless in the 90's
image via widespread
Now knee high socks are back in fashion and better than ever!
image via fabsugar
Kate Moss looks chilly, good thing she has her knee socks to help keep her warm!
Is the knee high sock trend a yay or nay for you? Are you or will you be wearing knee high socks this fall?
I like how versatile their style seems to be; you can do a countryside look wearing them with boots or wear them sweet and school girl-ish with pretty skirts or uptown runway style with shorts and bootie shoes. Or wear them over colored tights for extra warmth/fashion appeal.
The good news is that they are a pretty cheap item to add to your wardrobe, you can find most of them for under $20, or even as little as under $5!
Here is a selection of Knee High Socks I found browsing online:
1. Open Stitch Over The Knee Socks: $14.00: Urban Outfitters
2. Betsey Sweetheart Over The Knee Socks: $24.00: Urban Outfitters
3. Merino Thigh-Highs: $18.50: J.Crew
4. Juicy Couture Sequin Leg Warmers: $75: shopbop.com
5. Bloom Boom Boom Knee-Highs: $18.00: Lori's Shoes
6. Gipsy Over The Knee Socks: $5.90: Asos
7. Cafe Au Lait Socks: $15.99: ModCloth
8. Basic Needs Socks: ModCloth
9. DKNY Hosiery Over The Knee Socks: $15.00: Nordstrom
10. Heart Knit Knee Socks: $2.99 (Orig. $5.50) Wet Seal
11. Crochet Leg Warmers: $6.50: Wet Seal
12. Opaque Trouser Socks: $8.99: Ruche